Making your own moisturisers means you know what has gone in them! There are no mystery synthetic harsh chemicals and you will find you can make really effective bases for lotions and moisturisers economically!
Ingredients for a creme or lotion base
[the ratio is 1 part of beeswax, to 2 parts of water, to 4 parts of oil]
10 grams beeswax
40 ml sweet almond oil
20 ml water
- In a double saucepan, slowly melt the beeswax and almond oil until combined
- While you are doing this, heat the water in another pan until it reaches around 36 to 37 degrees celcius
- remove both pans from heat
- gradually add the heated water to the oil and wax, while beating the mixture to combine the three ingredients
- Keep beating until a cream consistency is achieved
- Allow to cool
Once the base creme/lotion has cooled you can add your essential oils or herbal infusions to create your moisturisers!
Place the moisturiser (or the creme base) into dark coloured sterilised glass containers and store in a cool dark spot!