100 ml oil infused arnica flowers
50 ml oil infused chamomile flowers
50 ml oil infused ground ginger root
50 ml oil infused dried cayenne
1 vitamin E capsule
- with a saucepan on a LOW heat add the infused oils (to make 250 ml of combined oil)
- add 25 grams of beeswax
- melt the beeswax stirring it through
- turn the heat off and add the contents of the Vitamin E capsule, stir through
- then pour the mixture into sterilised containers
- leave to cool before you put the lids on!
- label the containers with what it is what it is used for, when it was made, any cautions it needs, (e.g. do not use near eyes or open wounds), the best before date and the creation date.
- The vitamin E will preserve the ointment so it will last up to twelve months if stored in a cool dark place
apply to bruises, sprains, sore backs as needed.
be careful not to apply on or near open wounds and keep away form your eyes! (cayenne stings!)
HOW IT WORKS
- Arnica: helps to reduce swelling, brings bruises up to the surface to encourage healing
- Chamomile: helps to reduce inflammation and is calming to the skin
- Ginger: warming, pain relief, encourages blood flow to the injury to promote healing
- Cayenne: warming, pain relief, and encourages blood flow to promote healing