I created this balm for my Mother, she has irritated skin in the winter and has used this balm successfully over the last three years and finds it soothes the inflammation and irritation and heals the skin.
Caution: this contains Comfrey so must not be used on open wounds or broken skin
the following pre-infused and strained herb oils:
(how to do this is outlined in a previous post you can read it here)
Arnica - 100ml
Comfrey - 50 ml
Calendula - 50 ml
Chamomile - 50 ml
Vitamin E oil - 5 ml
Beeswax - 25 grams
- 1. with a saucepan on a LOW heat add the infused oils (to make 250 ml of combined oil)
- 2. add 25 grams of beeswax
- 3. melt the beeswax stirring it through
- 4. turn the heat off and add the contents of the Vitamin E capsule, stir through
- 4. then pour the mixture into sterilised containers
- 5. leave to cool before you put the lids on!
- 6. label the containers with what it is what it is used for, when it was made, any cautions it needs, (e.g. do not use near eyes or open wounds), the best before date and the creation date.
- Note that the vitamin E will preserve the ointment so it will last up to twelve months if stored in a cool dark place